Sunday 25 November 2012

Plastic Orcs quick and easy painting tutorial part 2

Not much more to add to this now. Just to clean up the models with some careful dry brushing to highlight the skin using Livery Green once more. Paint in the red of the eyes, a bit of Bone White to pick out the teeth and mix a dirty pink to paint the lips of the Orcs. The Leather parts were highlighted up with Cobra Leather and just the edges of the weapons got a dry brush of silver, the remaining metal areas were left untouched. Thats all the painting done.

I then based the models with some fine sand and a few small stones, stuck a few patches of static grass on after the sand had dried and voilà. A painted Orc.

Don't forget the shields! I sprayed these black then painted the rims silver, the wood Beastly Brown and the moons Bloody Red. Gave the whole thing a wash of the same mix of Smoky Ink and Black Wash as used on the armour then aplied some simple highlights again, picking out the teeth with white and a bright yellow for the eye.

And thats all there is to it.

Really this is all an excuse for me to play around with the camera and try to get a few better shots of the completed unit - completed that is excluding the command group! Taking some shouts outside in natural light this time, tends to give the whole picture a bit of a blue tint it seems but a bit of colour correction has fixed that.




8 comments:

  1. These would happily grace any 80's gaming table...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's even better is they can now grace my modern gaming table! :)
      I am very happy with the results.

      Delete
  2. I really like how these turned out. I really like the shield!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to round up the remnants of my old plastic orcs and hunt down a few more on ebay - no Oldhammer Orc army should be without a regiment of these old timers - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turned out so nicely I am tempted to buy some more on eBay myself! I would never have imagined saying that when I was stripping them.

      Delete
  4. I am now sorry that I sold off my unit of these...of course they never looked nearly as good as yours. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you that is high praise indeed. Thank you :)

      Delete