Thursday 8 November 2012

Bugmans part 2

Didn't have much time to work on the Dwarves this evening so I only got to put in an hour or so on them. The dip didn't quite give me the effects I was hoping for, was looking for something a little more dramatic. It isn't too bad I suppose and the shiny finish is quite distracting (although that will disappear once some highlights and a matt varnish have been applied). I am continuing to play around with the camera and the lighting set-up so these pics vary again from the last batch. I do like the improved colour in them though.



As the models still needed more depth I went over the skin tones with a flesh wash, the leather parts with a dark umber wash and finally the blue with a dark blue wash. I think this has had a nice effect that's starting to bring the models together more and will result in better highlights and contrast on the models. 



And a few ultra close-ups that reveal every flaw!






Next up I will add the highlights and details which should result in the finished article (other than basing them of course). Then I will hopefully get to use them in a game next Wednesday. Plus I have a parcel waiting for me at the post office - I think it is a bunch of Goblin Wolf Riders that have been sent to me by a very generous player in Cape Town. My first arrival of new old models :)

No comments:

Post a Comment